"That's the guy who gets his salsa from New York City."

1.22.2007

Seven days

I don't think its hit me yet. My brain relays a an array of thoughts and feelings, but the reality of my situation hasn't really sunk in yet. Although most of my recent activity somehow revolves around the fact that I'm moving, it almost seems as if it were temporary; It's like a vacation.

There are many moments throughout each day that remind me of the reality of my decision. Pictures, phone calls, and text messages from people I've known for a long time and seen regularly. Turning on the AC while I'm driving through familiar streets. A half empty house. Davids refrigerator.

I can't deny how excited I am, but I'm also sad and a bit nervous. Right now I've got a million things on my mind. Ya know when you're going away for a weekend and you keep reminding yourself to pack your toothbrush and a towel? I have a million toothbrushes to pack and at least 824 towels (don't forget your towel!).

7 days left. I leave California early on Tuesday, January 30th.

No comments: