"That's the guy who gets his salsa from New York City."

1.30.2007

My last day in San Diego


I'm going to keep this short cause I'm mentally and physically exhausted. The past week has been filled with preparation, packing, and saying goodbye to my best of friends and closest of family. Now the truck is gone, the house is mostly empty, and the driving starts tomorrow.

4 straight days of driving, 10+ hours a day. Right now the plan is to keep south and avoid the storms coming down from the north. We'll be heading through Arizona, New Mexico and a large portion of Texas before turning north. We'll be stopping in Tucson, Dallas, and Nashville before we finally get to the great city of Doylestown, Ohio.

Doylestown is where I'll briefly be living, so get ready for some killer blog material. Population 3,000; There's a high of 25°F on our arrival date and it's snowing.

I'm kind of worried about running into some snowy weather. Other than a few brief encounters with snow in the local mountains here I don't have any experience with flurries and icy driving. If this is my last post then please mourn for me in the comments area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear, hope your trip is going well as at this moment in time you're still halfway thru, just to let you know I'm thinking of you & sending good thoughts. See you in your new home :)

Infi